Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Daybook Ocober 22, 2008

My sister Emily had done this on her blog and I really liked the idea. I think I'll give it a shot as a weekly post and see how it goes. I think it gives me an idea to start writing with and might give you, the reader, a little insight to my days.

Outside my window: I can see the beautiful trees in my yard and how the leaves are finally starting to fall off the trees. I think about all the work we have to do to rake it to the front of the yard so the city can suck them up. I'm wondering when we'll have time to do it.
I am thinking: I am thinking about the new job I've taken on with watching a three month old in my home everyday from 7:45 in the morning till 3:45 in the afternoon. She' a very good baby but it is strange for me to go back to the days of feeding, changing diapers and wondering. It is especially difficult with taking care of a baby that is not my own and always wondering if the parents are going to be pleased with how our day went. You'll hear more about this subject, I am sure.
I
am thankful: I am extremely thankful for the great husband I have! Yesterday I was having a pretty bad day and he was so good and patient to let me unload on him. I've told him on numerous occasions that I believe that he has saved me from a life of prescription medication because he had kept me grounded and calm...well most of the time. (Don't get me wrong...some folks really need medicine no matter what anyone else does for them...I understand the nature of the beast!)
From the kitchen: Today I have plans to make the kids some chocolate cookies...maybe after the baby gets picked up by her mom. Cookies are my absolute favorite things to eat and I don't have a lot of control around them so I get kind of scared to make them. Cookies, get thee hence!!! Tonight for dinner I think I'll make Shrimp Alfredo. I made it last week and it was a huge hit with all the kids. I have left over ingredients so I better use them up.
I am creating: My blog! In the last couple of months, I've learned so much on the computer. Still have a long way to go!
I am going: No where! With watching someone else's newborn, I think I'll be pretty much staying put for a while.
I am hoping: I am hoping that I will keep up with my workout routine. Feeling better than I have in a long time!
I am reading: Stuff on the internet. I know I shouldn't spend so much time on the computer but I guess I feel like I'm making up for lost time. We were without the internet for two years and I missed it so much. I really do need to find a new book that will capture me. Any suggestions?
I am hearing: Rush Limbaugh on the radio in the kitchen. Love that guy!!! (I am my mother's daughter, for sure!!)
One of my favorite things: Having a clean and organized house. Lately it's been cleaned and organized in parts of the house at a time but I'm having a hard time getting it all done at the same time. A part of life!
I am wearing: A pink, ribbed, turtleneck top with blue jeans and a darling necklace and earring set that Mom made for me that goes great with the top. I especially love the necklace because mom incorporated a polished stone that Grandma Fay had made and set into a silver thingy (Don't know the term...but you get the idea)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Not much going on during the day besides watching Mikaela and doing a few haircuts this week, but we do have plans for the weekend. On Saturday we have football for Connor and a boy scout hike for Stuart in the morning. In the afternoon we're going to head to our old town of Gresham to go to a wedding reception. That night we'll sleep at Auntie Sarah's and then go to church with her on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing all my old friends there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sara-
I miss your haircuts so much! I still have not found a hair dresser that cuts my hair like you did.

So, I am just growing it out...LOL!