Monday, November 17, 2008

The ABC's of Me!

I love lists. I love to make them, read them, check them off and read other people lists. As I have explored the blogs of others, I'm drawn to the posts that have these cute little 'tags' or lists on their pages. So here's another list I've made to help you to get to know me better. Enjoy!

A- Attached or Single-
Attached to my best friend, Dave.
B- Best friends- Besides Dave, my best friends are my mom and my sisters; Felicia, Natalie, Emily, and Liz.
C- Cake or Pie- It depends on the recipe. But I guess I favor Door County Cherry Pie with vanilla ice cream from The White Gull Inn.
D- Day of choice- Saturday for sure! Especially if nothing is planned and we can all sleep in and just be home together.
E- Essential Items- I would say my very most essential item is my make-up. One time we went to visit Dave's mom for the weekend and I forgot my make-up bag...horrible, panicky feeling!!!
F- Favorite color- I suppose I have a combination of favorite colors. I love mossy green, saffron yellow, and ruby red. These colors can be found all over my house.
G- Gummy Worms or Godiva Chocolate- Are you kidding???? Chocolate, hands down!!
H- Hometown- Orem, Utah!! I have a lot a pride saying that I'm from Utah. Some of my teenage nieces and nephews here in Wisconsin would call me a U-tard when I first moved here...let's just say they don't say that anymore! ;)
I- Indulgences- I have to say I can't think of very many indulgences I have, but I guess one of the things that I do as an indulgence and when I just want to "check-out" is play hand-held Solitair. I know, it's such a time/brain waster!
J- January of July- Absolutely July!! I love the 4th of July! In Gresham and Algoma our house has been on the parade route. That's a big deal in small town Wisconsin! I also like spending the 4th in Utah with my family when we are visiting that time of year.
K- Kids- My kids are Stuart (12), Connor (9), Oliver (7) and Chloe (3). I've got the best kids in the whole world!!!
L- Life is incomplete without- Life is incomplete without having any family to live by. I been so blessed to have the best in-laws for my family that live by us here in WI. We all get along great! In fact, because my husband has so many brothers, the wife's have formed a coalition and formed a group called the SILC club (Sister In-law Club Club). We pretty much rule the roost!
M- Marriage Date- June 8, 1995! Almost 14 years!!!
N- Number of Siblings- I am one of seven kids. When I was little I hated being from a large family, but now I appreciate it so much and enjoy each of my siblings and my relationship with them.
O- Oranges or Apples- I would have to say apples, especially with a caramel dip or a cream cheese/brown sugar dip. But I can't resist fresh-squeezed orange juice either.
P- Phobias of Fears- I used to be afraid of snakes until Stuart got one for a pet and begged me to hold it. It's funny because I get the hebee-jebee's looking at it in it's cage but it seems easier for me to hold it. He's kind of cute in his slithery kind of way.
Q- Quotes- I have a vinyl sticker quote on my wall that says, "When there is love in the home, there is joy in the heart." How true that is for a mother with young kids that don't always get along.
R- Reasons to Smile- I love having a three year old in the house! She says so many funny little things lately.
S- Season- Living in Wisconsin, the winter season can last 6 months. So when spring and warm weather come around my soul feels so joyous!! I love to go out in the yard to pull weeds and tidy up after a long hard winter. I also love watching my perenial flowers grow and spread.
T- Tag Friends- Whoever wants to do this list, go for it!
U- Unknow Fact About Me- I hitch-hiked on a freeway in Portugal with my friends when I was 14 years old and got picked up by a man! Oh...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Guardian Angels!!!!
V- Very favorite Store- TJMaxx. Love the deals and the one of a kind treasures you can find.
W- Worst Habit- Lately, spending too much time on the computer and Facebook.
X- X-ray, Ultra-sound or Mammagram- Plenty of x-rays with 6 broken bones, plenty of ultrasounds with 4 kids and zero mammagrams. I guess they're in my near future as I'm in my mid thirties.
Y- Your Favorite Food- I love ethnic foods, especially Thai, Korean, Japanese and Chinese to name a few.
Z- Zodiac- Aries March 22.


1 comment:

DJ said...

This was fun to read. Hey Sarah. I found your blog through some of my good old Wisconsin friends/bloggers from Gresham. I love your blog. Your kids are darling and it's so awesome to see how happy you all are. Miss you guys! You can check out my blog at kinleejae.blogspot.com
I have an old one at deejie.blogspot.com but the kinleejae is the one I use now.

I'd love to hear from you some times too. I hope you don't mind that I added you to my blogroll at the end of my blog.
I hope you're having a good day. I loved reading your list of ABC's and learning more about you and your family that has grown up so dang fast.