Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daybook November 12th

A little look into my life this week....

Outside my window: I look out my living room window and see my sweet neighbor's house. She lives in a turn of the century Belgium brick home. I love the texture and color of the brick. My neighbor's name is Joyce, or as we call her "Grandma Joyce". We've kind of adopted her as a own. She's very sweet and thoughtful.
I am thinking: How could I have spaced the Rain-gutter Regatta tomorrow night for scouts?!? It is going to be a frantic day and night of pulling it together. Dave wasn't too excited about this.
I am thankful for: Having a new van. After not having a second car for 2 months I appreciate the fact that I don't have to stress if it's raining outside and worry about my kids getting wet walking to school. Just the little things that make life so convenient.
From the kitchen: Yesterday I made a new recipe for the basic chocolate chip cookie. Wasn't very pleased with the recipe. I made the first batch and realized it needed more flour so I had to adjust. The kids liked them and that's all that counts. I made Jambalaya and acorn squash for dinner. I'm not sure what I'll make tonight. Probably something really easy as I will be helping make sailboats for the Rain-gutter Ragatta!

Chloe helping me make cookies for the kids .
I am creating: I am making a pieced blanket made out of old cashmere sweaters. It is really turning out nice. It's so soft and cozy. I've pieced it all together and now I'm working on making crazy quilt stitches on some of the seams. I've got to make a cute border around the edge or put a binding around it. I can't decide...any ideas?



I am going: Tonight I am going to YW in Sturgeon Bay. At the moment we only have one girl in our program. This month another girl is turning 12 and then in April we'll get a third. Yeah!!
I am hoping: I hope Connor will make a change with is behavior. Lately we've struggled with him being disrespectful and sassy to us. He's a good kid with a smart mouth. It seemed like the consequences we were imposing only had a short term effect. This week I've decided to have in stay in his room for a few hours after school. He can't watch any TV or video games or have friends over. It seems to be working. I feel like this is his Achilles tendon. I'll cross my fingers.
I am reading: I just stared reading the book, 'The Absolutely True Diary of a Part -Time Indian' by Sherman Alexie. It's a National Book Award book written for Young Readers. My librarian recommended it to me and told me that it was her most favorite book she read in 2008. We'll put it to the test. So far I really like it.
I am hearing: Dora the Explorer on the TV, Chloe's favorite. Have to be careful though...she'd watch this same DVD all day if I'd let her. I also hear my neighbor girl, Lydia, use my scrapbook stuff in the front room. She has a little case of "the runs" and didn't feel like going to school, so I said she coould come hang out with me while her parents were at work.
One of my favorite things: English roses. I planted a few new bushes this year and they did just OK. The last couple of weeks we had some really warm weather and my bushes had grown some new stalks with a bunch of roses on them. I was shocked!! Roses in November. I cut them off and brought them in the house. They look beautiful!

I am wearing: I'm still in my work-out clothes from this morning. I should really be in the shower instead of playing on my blog while the baby is sleeping!
A few plans: The kids have off school on Friday so I told them thatI'd take them to Green Bay to watch a movie called "Wall.E" Then on Saturday we're having a birthday party for Oliver. On Sunday I have the sister missionaries for lunch after church. It's going to be a crazy weekend for us!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love your new van, Sara!! So happy for you guys. I'm in love with the blanket, too. I'd love to do that project. I'll have to talk to you about it sometime.