Monday, November 3, 2008

Crazy 8's

Stacy had this on her blog and I liked reading what she had to say. I think these post help the reader get a little more insight about the person who is doing the writing.

8 things I'm passionate about:
1. My husband, Dave
2. My kids; Stuart, Connor, Oliver, and Chloe
3. Politics...listening to Conservative radio
4. My friendships
5. Keeping in touch with my extended family
6. Watching flowers grow in my garden
7. Crocheting, embroidery, scrapbooking, cashmere sweater blankets, stamping
8. Cleaning...when I'm in the mood

8 phrases that I use often:
1. Knock it off!
2. Do you want a time out?
3. Why aren't you listening to me?
4. Tuckle, tuckle ,tuckle (bed time routine)
5. I'm tired... I've got to go to bed
6. I love you more!!
7. Do you have any homework?
8. What time will you be home?

8 things I want to do before I die/on my wish list:
1. Loose weight
2. Run a half marathon
3. Have more patience with my kids
4. Serve a mission with Dave
5. Have a really fun, extreme, family vacation
6. Get out of debt..pay off all those student loans, car loan, home loans
7. Help change someones life.
8. Make a difference.

8 things that I've learned from the past:
1. Always say your sorry...admit that you were wrong.
2. Even if you make a lousy dinner...it still "makes a turd".
3. Wait to get new carpet until the puppy is a year old.
4. Some grumpy old men at church will NEVER change and be nice.
5. Never assume your husband can read your mind and know what you want him to do.
6. Always tell your kids you love them even when they are driving you crazy.
7. Don't let 6 little kids play with your scrapbook stuff...GLITTER EVERYWHERE!!!!
8. Don't let cute little toddlers pretend to talk on my new cell phone...it might end up in the toilet.

8 things I currently want:
1. A new van, but got one 3 days ago
2. New running shoes
3. Someone in my family to come and visit from Utah.
4. More income
5. New clothes for me and my kids
6. An endless supply of socks in my boys drawers
8. To jog faster and farther

8 places I want to see/visit:
1. England with Dave
2. Scotland...Still think it's a beautiful place even though I hate a Scotsman from there.
3. Portugal with my family
4. Australia
5. Florida Key with Dave and the kids
6. Brazil with the Ficklin clan
7. Korea, where Dave served his mission
8. All over Europe

8 favorite places to eat:
1. Victoria's
2. Mongolian bar-b-que
3. The King and I (Thai restaurant)
4. Los Hermanos
5. Tony Romas
6. Red Robin
7. The White Gull Inn
8. Culvers Custard

8 shows/movies I can't live with out:
1. 24
2. American Idol
3. I don't watch a lot of TV, but we do love to rent movies
4. Dora the Explorer (Keeps Chloe occupied while I need to get stuff done-is that bad?)
5. Sponge Bob (kid occupier)
6. Nacho Libre (kid occupier)
7. Harry Potter (kid occupier)
8. The Wiggles (kid occupier)

8 things that happened yesterday:
1. Went to church
2. Saw Crusty Jack (grumpy old man at church) roll his eyes and huff a dozen or more times.
3. Relaxed
4. Went to bed a 7:00 p.m.
5. Ate my last BLT sandwich with tomatoes from our garden
6. Watched a movie with my family
7. Had a fire in the fireplace
8. Didn't worry about the dishes in the sink

8 things I look forward to:
1. Kids that will finally listen to me.
2. Kids that will get along.
3. Being out of debt.
4. Dave coming home at night.
5. Kids coming home from school.
6. My walks on Crescent Beach every morning and seeing the sunrise
7. Visiting Utah next summer
8. Getting a new roof

8 things I love about fall:
1. The smell of leaves.
2. The sound of leaves crunching under my feet.
3. The smell of fall candles burning.
4. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings.
5. Having the sun come up earlier so it's not starry when I go to exercise outside.
6. Fires in the fireplace.
7. Raking with Dave
8. Watching the kids jump in the leaves and make mazes with them.

Wow! That took me a lot longer than I thought! Give it a try, it's kind of fun!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I like this idea. It was nice getting to know you "better". Thanks for sharing this. I Love you a lot, Sara.