Monday, March 9, 2009

Daybook, March 9th

Outside my window: Well, beside the new snow from last nights' snowstorm- 6 1/2 inches (old news, same old-same old), I see the Utility Company trimming my trees out in the front yard. I love these big trees as they provide such nice shade in the summer and beautiful color in the fall.
I am thinking: I am glad Chloe seems to be feeling better today. Last night she had a fever of about 103. She has a bad cough too. Sometimes my kids seem to feel better in the day and then get sick again at night.
I am thankful: That my parents and my brother, Andrew are coming for a visit in the next couple of weeks for my birthday. Can't wait!!!
From the kitchen: Last night I made cinnamon rolls for the family and the neighbors (enjoyed one for breakfast this morning!). Tonight I'm going to make chicken pizza and salad. My kids really like this flavor of pizza using Ranch as the sauce, chicken pieces cooked with garlic pepper, pineapple tidbits and lots of mozzarella cheese. I know it sounds really weird, but it's so good!
I am creating: A clean home. With my mom coming, spring cleaning has bumped up on my priority list! When I ask the kids to clean and I want a really good, through job, I say "Clean 'LaVaunimuska' style." (My mom's name is LaVaun) They get the message and know what standard I want! This is the standard that I'm trying to clean too! :)
I am going: Nowhere! Dave's car is out of commission, so I'm left without a car...not like I was going anywhere anyways!
I am hoping: That our tax return gets here quick! Then Dave can get a new car and I can pay off some bills! How fun for me.
I am reading: Another spy thriller. My favorite!
I am hearing: I am listening to Chloe play and watch "Reading Rainbow".
Around the house: I just mopped my floors. This is something I don't do enough because the same day I do it, someone walks in with their shoes on and the floors get all muddy again. Then I'm always on the kids to be careful not to get the floors dirty. Not really worth I guess. But after they're clean I realize how much I love it and how it's not really that hard to clean them.
One of my favorite things: Girl Scout Cookies. My neighbor girls brought over our order last night and I'm trying really hard to ignore them in the kitchen! My favorites are Samoas and
Thin Mints.
I am wearing: Sweats and a sweatshirt. I wanted to get my cleaning done and then get ready for the day, but it's taking me too long. I don't think getting ready is going to happen for me today.
Plans for the week: Clean, clean, clean!!! Also a few haircuts. Dave has Friday off, so we may have to go out to lunch at Inn at Cedar Crossing. It has yummy food! Dave is also taking the boys to Motor-Cross at the Resch Center on Saturday. He's not really looking forward to it, but the boys are. Bring some earplugs, Dave!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so so happy for you guys that Mom and Dad and Andrew can come. You guys will have so much fun. Just like we did... :)

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

It is always nice to have family come visit, or to go visit family. I like your daybook, I think I might have to steal the idea.

Sara said...

I stole that idea from my sister, Emily. She does it every Monday morning. Glad to see you blogging again, Shalene!