Saturday, January 10, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (MAN, I'M GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS)

Every year for New Years the Robertson family has the traditional gathering. Dave's family is getting so big that it's hard to get together in one place with out trashing the place or feeling like your going cuckoo-crazy with all the kids and noise everywhere. So for the last couple of years we meet at the YMCA during the day to swim, play racquetball and basketball. We found that this works really well so that not one house is getting destroyed and the kids have some where to get together and play. After we did that we went to Paul and Lisa's house for pizza. It worked out prefect!
Not wanting to call it a night, we took the party to the Torbenson's house for a party in Green Bay. (yes, we were all invited...we just didn't crash the party!) They have a large house to accommodate such an event. There must have been about 70-80 people there! The picture above shows all the shoes by the front door. I couldn't even fit them all in the frame!

When we walked into the kitchen to bring the snack that we brought, Connor's and Oliver's eye's almost bugged out of there heads! They couldn't believe all the bottles of soda! (This picture was taken after about half had already been thrown out.) They thought they had died and gone to heaven! Dave's brother, Adam and sister-in-law Ruth with their youngest, Trent, are in the photo.

Connor eyeing all the yummy treats and snacks!

Dave, Adam, Oliver and Calvin watching a football game.

Connor playing darts.

Chloe sleeping on the couch while her best buddy/cousin, Olivia watches. She was wondering if Chloe was going to wake up and bring the New Year in with her. I don't think so!

Chloe was out for the night and I wasn't too far behind her! I could not stay awake! I ended up sleeping the night away with her on the couch while everyone else partied and played. I'm getting too old to stay awake this late!

I did manage to wake up right before the clock struck 12:00 am! Everyone piled in the kitchen to do the count down and enjoy a glass of sparkling cider. The kids all had noise makers so even if I had stayed asleep on the couch, there would be no way to sleep through all that noise!

Looking old and tired for 2009! Oh well, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

At least you brought in the new year with your family even if it was after a nap. I think my kids stayed awake watching movies. I went to bed about 10:30 and slept right through. I feel ancient comparing what we did to the party you had.

BrandonandJeana said...

Sounds like fun! I'm all for those type of parties. We just had friends and family over to our house, but everyone left by 11:30 and we were sleeping by 12, but maybe when my kids get older. PS...You and Dave look so cute together!

nic and hai said...

i love my life reading your blog instead of doing my homework. you are the cutest family i ever meet in my whole entire life.
i love that you partied like it was 2009 torby style. i feel like moving to wisconsin more then anything in the world. but i prob couldn't get away with inviting myself to hang out with you all day.
anyways... i will go do homework... until i'm again destracted by a cute little blog.