Monday, December 29, 2008

Daybook Dec 29th

Outside my window: I look outside and of course I see WHITE. We have gotten somewhere around 40 inches of snow so far this winter. We have several more snow storms coming this week with 5 in. forcasted in each storm. The boys and Dave are constructing a quinsy, which is a snow cave. They pile a huge snow pile in the back yard and let it sit for a couple of days. Then they dig it out and put a tarp on the ground inside. They plan on sleeping out there sometime this week. They've done it before and they say they stay toasty warm. I, personally, think it's crazy!!!
I am thankful for: I've been enjoying having Dave home during the Christmas break. Sometime his profession as a teacher drives me crazy with all the extra hours he puts in, but during vacation times, I'm very grateful for his job.
I am thinking: I am thinking of the New Year coming up and all the things I'd like to accomplish. Every year I attempt to try to loose weight. I always start gun-hoe but fizzle. My friend Jenny and I have been exercising everyday faithfully for 8 months. I was running several times a week, but I had a hip injury so I had to give that up for the time being. We still do the elliptical and stationary bike and weight lifting 6 days a week. I've lost about 17 lbs. but I have so much more to loose. I know that I need to give up the amount of carbs I eat every day. Starting this week I'm going to do the South Beach diet. I've got to dedicate my self to do it for longer than the six weeks that I normally do. Please pray for me to have the dedication. I'm tired of failing at this year after year. I know it's in me...I CAN DO IT!!!!
I am hearing: I am hearing some MAJOR rocking out from my boys. We got RockBand for Christmas. It is fun to play together but sometimes the noise gets to me. It's fun to watch them though. Oliver totally gets into it! I have recorded him singing and I'll have to post that for your viewing pleasure.
From the kitchen: Today we were suppose to have a couple from church come over for lunch but they called and canceled. I had already started cooking so we'll just have it for dinner tonight. I'm making Baked Pork Cutlets (pork chops dredged in yogurt and breaded in crushed Ritz cracker, sage and garlic salt...yummy!) mashed potatoes, baked apple slices, honeyed carrots, orange rolls and flan.
I am creating: Nothing really. Too busy playing Settlers of Catan, Risk, RockBand, and sledding with the family.
I am going: We're going to go sledding a little later today. We are all a little stir crazy.
I am wearing: Still in my workout clothes. Got to go get ready for the day pretty soon.
One of favorite things: I got some new perfume for Christmas, Hot by Ralph Lauren. I feel pretty when I smell good! ;)
A few plans for the week: Tomorrow the kids have dentist appointments in Green Bay. Later that night I'm getting my hair cut! Can't wait for that! Wednesday, New Years Eve, we have plans with Dave's family to go to the YMCA and swim during the day and then go to Lisa and Paul's for pizza. We'll be home to bring the New Year in but Dave's mom and maybe other family will come to our house to play games and stuff. I'd like to take down the Christmas stuff on Friday and Saturday and get the house back to order. It all went by so quickly!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the new look of your blog Sara. Those pics of your kids are so fantastic! :)

Hilary said...

I worked out FAITHFULLY for like a year (the firm -- which is PAINFUL)-- and didn't lose a pound. I had to make diet changes. If you type "eating consciously" into my blog search they'll come up. It came of fairly quickly after that. Of course, I'm putting it all back on now.
And AMEN for teaching husbands. Although, I think some of these days D would rather be at school considering I'm trying to get all my nesting out these 2 weeks. :)