Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our house elf, Twinkie


TWINKIE

We happen to have a cute little elf that comes to our house everyday in the month of December. Twinkie brings little goodies and prizes to the kids as long as they're behaving. Every morning they wake up with excitement to see what he brought them while they were sleeping. Sometimes he'll bring a box of sweet cereal or candy, a Christmas book or video or sometimes he won't bring anything if the kids have been naughty or fighting too much.
When I was a little girl, he used to come to my house. One year I woke up and ran to see what Twinkie brought us. He would always leave our prize under the advent calender. My mom always had the house cleaned and vacumed and we had carpet that would show footprints on it. When I approached the spot, I saw little footprints leading up to the calender and walking away in the carpet!! Oh the MAGIC!!!
Twinkie is a very busy guy these days. He has to go all over kingdom come to see everybody. He visits cousins and second cousins (on my mom's side) in Utah, Arizona, and Wisconsin. When we lived in Portugal he even went all the way there!!!
We LOVE Twinkie and hopes he'll always visit!!


1 comment:

DJ said...

I love this idea. I hope you don't mind if I share it on my blog. I love countdowns to Christmas and this one has a nice twist to it. I love stuff like this! I also love your stories from your growing up years. They are great and it's awesome how you are carrying them on into your own sweet family. You are such a great mom.