Thursday, December 4, 2008

Little Miss Kitchen Queen!

My little Chloe loves to help me in the kitchen! We have so much fun together putting recipes together while the boys are at school.


If she ever sees me cook anything she runs in the kitchen and says, "I want to help!!! I need my 'acrun'!" (apron) We make bread, cookies and casseroles. My favorite thing she says when we're following a recipe is, "Now we neeeeeeed...." and we pick out the next ingredient. It cracks me up!


She's gotten really good at counting out how many cups of flour or whatever else we're putting in. She's also starting to recognize what the different ingredients are and where they are in the kitchen. She's always so proud of herself after we've made something together. I love to hear her tell her dad and brothers, "I made that!" She told me she really wants a pretend kitchen set for Christmas so she can make food for her 'babies'. I think she'll get one, but honestly, I don't think she'll have as much fun playing with it as doing the real thing with me.


I remember wonderful memories of spending time in the kitchen with my mom when I was a little girl. She always made such great food for us. I remember helping by stirring the raspberry jello with ice cubes in it for Sunday dinner. Don't ask me why that's the memory that sticks out, but it is! Looking back I wish I would've taken more opportunities of being with my mom in the kitchen when I was a teenager. I wish I would've learned more before I left and got married and had to cook my own dinners. I've learned a lot from her since then though whether it's over the phone or in person. When she comes out for visits that's one of my favorite things to do with her is helping her in my kitchen when she cooks for us. I've leaned so many great things from her.

I love to spend time with Chloe in the kitchen. I hope that she won't ever not want to come in and "help".

4 comments:

DJ said...

How cute is this--your daughter is darling. I can just see you back in the day looking just like her next to your own mom. This is the good stuff. You're an awesome mom--that's clear to see. And you could probably teach me a thing or two about cooking too.

Clare said...

Cami is always willing to "elp" - sometimes too much. She's always pushing a chair over to the kitchen cupboard. Dishes are her favorite though.

Emily said...

Sara, I'm thinking I need to make Cloe an apron. It's so fun when they are so eager to help and be in the middle of it all. You are a good mother. Those years go by so fast. Hey that last picture is a really pretty one of you.

Sara said...

Emily, her favorite apron to wear is the one you made me last year. She has kind of taken it over!