Monday, December 8, 2008

Daybook December 8th

Outside my window: There is just a ton of snow. We had about 11 inches on the ground and then last night we got another2-3. Tonight we're suppose to get a whopper of a storm. They're saying 10-12 inches! Yikes!!! So much for global warming!!
I am thinking: I am thinking how our Christmas break is getting scheduled up with lots of goings on. So much for a quiet, nothing-happening vacation.
I am thankful for: I am thankful that I have the little babysitting job. Even though it is sometimes an inconvenience, it sure has helped our family out financially.
From the kitchen: Tonight I think I'm going to make one of my kids favorite meals, Chicken Casinni. It's a rice, chicken, cheese and broccoli casserole. My sister-in-law, Lisa, gave us four gallon bags full of pre-cooked, seasoned chicken cubes. They are so convenient to use in casseroles. She has a friend in GB that works for Schriber Foods and he brings her loads of frozen shrimp, chicken and veggies. I'm so glad she shared the bounty! I think I'm also going to start making Christmas goodies to put in the freezer for gifts.
I am creating: I am creating a Holiday House! It's almost done. I just have to finish decorating the tree. We got a gorgeous Blue Spruce but I'm telling you, that thing is VICIOUS!!! The needles are so sharp, I dread even touching it. We've already got about 2/3 of the lights on it. We're really loading on the lights this year. We'll put about 1200 lights on it. I love lights but I think maybe we're putting too much on it as it look noon-day when it's lit up and all the other lights are off. Oh well.
I am going: Today Stuart has a basketball game here in town at 4:30 so we'll go to that. Then at 7:00 he has a Christmas band/choir concert. Maybe they'll get canceled because of the storm coming. Dave also has his Christmas concert tonight but once again I'll not be able to make it because of the kids concert. Luckily for Dave, his mom and Don are coming up to see it. At least he'll have a little family support there.
I am hoping: I hope that if the boys school gets a snow day tomorrow, Dave's school in SB will too. His school doesn't get canceled very often because most of the school district is in town and they usually have the roads clear. Here's hoping the snow totals are big enough. I guess I think, "If we're going to get snow, let's do it BIG!!"
I am reading: Right now I'm reading The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer. It's a pretty good book. Suspense/intrigue...my favorite!
I am wearing: I am wearing a red sweater, white long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans.
One of my favorite things: Listening to Chloe sing right now. Her singing resembles Snow White! Hahaha!! Another one of my favorite things is this time of year! The decorations, plans, holiday food and overall good feelings!! FUN, FUN!!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing major going on except a few of Stuart's basketball games. He has games tonight, Thursday and a tournament ALL day on Saturday. I'm also going to try to get caught up on laundry and housework and gift wrapping.

No comments: